Thread: Strength vs Ki.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #127
Tony Wagstaffe
United Kingdom
Re: Strength vs Ki.

Quote:
Jonathan Olson wrote: View Post
I don't know Dan, there have been a couple of people who have gone out of their way to put up videos of their own for comparison, but I don't recall anybody with "educated eyes" giving much useful feedback. Chris Hein's videos of push tests and his reproductions of exercises from videos of Akuzawa come to mind. Their is no reason to hold back comments on videos from people asking for those comments. I also think Tony has definitely deserved a thorough deconstruction of his videos (no need to be polite with him, he would see it as weakness I think).

I've been watching these discussions here for years now, it's been a while since anybody really said anything new. For the record, I'd love to see and feel what you do in person to put all this blablabla in perspective. But it bugs me that I don't even know what you look like or have any idea of how you move or what your training entails.

On a more general note, the video I want to see from the aiki folks is not another push test or a bunch of followers falling over for their teachers. I want to see what happens when two people of real skill train with each other, when it's not a given who will end up staring at the ceiling. You claim to train that way Dan, that's what I'd like to see.
Jonathan, I think it bugs a lot of people if they were really honest, I just keep chipping away until I'm satisfied that the person is being upfront about who they are and what they do..... I just don't take it seriously from people who have trained seminars and come away with the "alleluia bit" (The I've discovered god or jesus has come into my life bit comes to mind) Please all Christians don't take that as being offensive I was brought up as a roman candle.....
I don't profess to have something fantastic or have something that no one else has and then market it on a forum without any previous...
I think it's only natural that one would check up first to buy something on the internet.... There are cases of people that have done so and have lost or wasted their money, but don't like to admit they have been taken for a mug, nothing new.....