View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #36
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Dogi - Dresscode

Quote:
Bryan Bateman wrote:
Actually, Michael has a point above, the summer heat in Japan is pretty damn humid at the best of times, a lot of people in the dojo`s I trained at went commando due to the excessive sweating during keiko
With regards to underwear in hot humid climates it is usually advisable for hygiene purposes to wear no underwear if you are male.
I spent some time doing ecological research in a tropical rainforest and believe me you don't want to wear underwear because eventually you'll get an infection. This is due to bacteria living off of the sweat produced in the groin area. Females don't really have to worry about this for a variety of biological reasons I won't go in to here. This assumes of course that you'd be wearing said clothing on a day in day out basis and be physically quite active, otherwise its not a big problem.

So in the senshusei course thats been mentioned it'd probably not be a great idea. But for regular training it wouldn't be a difficulty.

Mike

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr