View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 07:48 AM   #1184
DanielR
Quote:
James Giles wrote:
I have heard a series of reviews by Jewish writers and reporters in the press put down the movie and say that it is grotesque, violent, bloody and anti-semitic, as if they are trying to keep people away from the movie. But the exact opposite is happening, people are flocking to see the film like there is no tomorrow. Everyone I have talked to, says that there is nothing at all in the film that is anti-semitic.
James, please understand that certain Jewish groups and Jewish people in general are very sensitive to this issue. Anti-semitism is on the rise, and some people think that the way Jews are portrayed in this movie could add oil to the fire. So IMO the concern stems from long years of persecution of Jews by other religions, not from Jews being intolerant of Christian beliefs.
Quote:
James Giles wrote:
I also believe it was our involvement with Israel that drew terrorists to attack us on 9/11.
Even if this is true, would you say the best course of action now is for the US to withdraw its involvment and let the Israel and the Arab countries fight it out?

Daniel