View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #35
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: True Warfare

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, too. Saying it's "meaningless" seems just as potentially ego-driven to me. It's a valid point to make that people often look to great men and affix more of a personal/subjective truth to the objective reality. From what I can see of the "harmony" (heiwa) interpretation of Aikido, it's a fair reminder to make from time to time. I'm an idealist at heart, so I often need such reminders. Of course we ought not easily forsake the ideals for the facility of pragmatism, but sometimes we must start at the bottom of the proverbial mountain, away from the bedrock of those lofty positions. I think O Sensei recognized this kind of baseline of reality and it was from this realization that his ideals of reconciling the world took their deepest meaning. Sometimes people have to kill...it's just less often than many might think, unfortunately.
...My tupence.
Take care,
Matt
True definition of rose tinted glasses. Unfortunately used in the accusative for point scoring is merely a worthless statement. As I said seeing the good is an ability and real.

I know people who start at the bottom of the proverbial mountain yet recognise the the ideals as real and worth striving for.

Regards.G.