View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #157
jackie adams
Re: The Founder's Teaching Ability

Quote:
Jackie Adams wrote: View Post
The Founder had hundreds of students who benefited and progressed. Effectiveness of teaching can't be reduced to the ability of a student to preform.
It is better safe than sorry, so this needs better clarification. When I said a student, I meant a teacher's effectiveness isn' t based on a few of the student's performance. Meaning a teacher doesn't get fired or is called ineffective based on the bell curve of student performance. A teacher is called effective over years of the high number of students failing. The lack of an altruistic approach from the teacher means the teacher doesn't care about the students, only collecting a pay check. If an altruistic teacher doesn't have great knowledge that teacher will seek it out and obtain it, improving upon themselves. Being altruistic has nothing to do with teaching methods or teaching style. An effective teacher has to care about the students to teach them to the best of their abilities. Altruistic teachers are the most effective teachers.They also are the most effective leaders. Anyone who has every been taught anything knows how true this is. We all have experienced it, if we have been to school. A teacher sucks because they don't care, a poor school is when the leadership doesn't have the students best interest in mind. The Founder has demonstrated by the success of his efforts of appealing to so many people who have recognized this about him. Otherwise, Aikido would have die with a whimper unnoticed.

It is my hope my comments have benefit to this discussion and not detracted from it. Thank you again.

Last edited by jackie adams : 04-04-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added: The Founder has demonstrated by the success of his efforts of appealing to so many people who have recognized this ab