View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #67
DH
United_States
Re: Daito Ryu, Yoshinkan, Taichi & Secrets

Hi Chris
I'd say with your mindset YES! you'd most certainly get it. You are a searcher, and It doesn't appear your all stuck to one idea. If you read back to a whole bunch of other folks looking at this topic you'll see what I mean. Do I think you have it No, not really no. And with 4 bucks and my opinion you can get a decent cup of jo. I do think if you go and train with somone who will teach you this stuff you would not only have a blast, you'd most likely eat it up and work it to death. You appear to have a good work ethic. It will change and enpower all that soft jujutsu you keep talking about -and that- without you having to alter everything you know. Anyway, I've enjoyed talking with you here and there because you always are at least open to ideas.

Okomoto uses this stuff to make his waza work. To what extent he has it ingrained, to what level before it failed martially? I dunno. Who cares. It's just obvious he has worked the body method- to the degree he needs it. But it's not a competition. Everyone needs to pursue it for themselves with the best methods they can find, to use in whatever venue they want to use it in. Aiki games, or fighting.. As for reverse engineering it. Thats the source of the problem. It doesn't work that way. Let me put it another way. When shown Roppokai waza by a student of Okomoto, I can do them. I don't know them, But I can do them. Why? How? Did I engineer them?
Its in the body bud, not in the movement. they come after.

Trying to get to and learn the body training through any arts waza that has these skills at the core is the source of all the slow, loooong, learning curves. To each their own
Good luck to you

Last edited by DH : 04-25-2008 at 01:51 PM.