View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #51
David Humm
United Kingdom
Re: independent dojo/switching affiliations

Quote:
Ian Hurst wrote:
??? Too much caffeine David? But you're right, I have a really evil agenda... perhaps I'm wrong here but I believe you were around (say about 87/88) when the independant East coast aikikai society formed out of the Hull, Grimsby, Skegness and Scunthorpe dojos (a true NE riviera bunch).

Now from what I gathered at the time, this was not plain sailing and you'd mentioned that you'd later went on to affiliate your own dojo with a hombu federation. So here's my evil agenda, I thought it might be nice to have another viewpoint from someone who'd done the reverse of what was proposed in the thread. So, you've cracked my nefarious scheme to add another viewpoint to the pot, well done.

PS check your PM

anon - have you ever seen deliverance??
Ian, you are right I was part of a group of dojo which were independent and I later went on to join a hombu affiliate however; I was no more than a kyu grade at that time. Your comments in your earlier thread read to me and one other person who brought it to my attention as if you were having a dig at me with the negative connotation of your opinion. If that wasn't the case they you have my apologies.