View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
crbateman

Re: Looking for a few hard-to-find books...

Quote:
Rommel Miel wrote: View Post
Hi Clark...how many Aikido Books in english are out there? Are you also collecting Aikido books in japanese, french and in other languages?

I have also started my collection and its really addicting.
"How many" depends somewhat on your particular definition of what comprises an "aikido book"... By my embarrassingly subjective definition, roughly 285 at this point. This includes the few DRJJ titles, along with a couple on jo, bokken or hanbo, and does not include fiction books (except for "Obese White Gentleman") or encyclopedic works of various MA's, where aikido is only a small component therein. I do include many books on general budo when they are written from an aikido perspective, or by an aikido teacher based on their aiki experiences.

As for my library, I only do English (or bilingual, of which there are many) because I don't feel compelled to acquire books I can't read (and I have enough trouble with just the English language... ).

There are many foreign language titles I would love to see translated into English, but there is simply not enough money to be made doing this. Of particular interest would be those of Tissier Sensei, and he has told me that he's "thinking about it", but it's not on his hot list of prospective projects.

Last edited by crbateman : 11-06-2010 at 11:23 PM.