View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #21
DonMagee
United_States
Re: Henry Wang sifu's no touch

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post
I am not sure and I am going to say it is so or not. The feats Wang does could be actual, if he is or isn't credible. I don't want to walk into that debate unless I have experienced it. But....when the students say what Wang student said it isn't something that can be ignored; along with a certain type of testimonials. What is the purpose of doing such feats? If it is to show master of a principle and someone goes over the top to keep people's attention- people do want more as unfortunate as it is audiences are there to be entertained. Is the feat being done in the dojo to inspire, even if it over the top. I think we can over look such things and give a little in that regard. But, is it for me the mentality and perspective, and attitude the students have toward the instructor's skills and abilities. People do believe their own press, and people will believe something that isn't possible to be possible for lots of reasons.

If the principle is there and it is demonstrated in exaggeration without any press that for me is tolerable. But when you have people, rationalizing things as Wang's student than that is a major concern.
Well, if no touch knock out powers worked on everyone, there would be an easy $1,000,000.00 in his future via http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/...plication.html

- Don
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein