View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #35
shidoin
Dojo: Aikibuken
Smile Re: Ueshiba, Tohei, and "Non-Dissension"

Quote:
Tarik Ghbeish wrote: View Post
I don't see the same pattern in these conversations about internal stuff that you see and I do remember having a few of these conversations with Dan (and others) almost 10 years ago on aikido-l (and reading MANY more).

I do know from some of my experiences that talking about it online only gives you a few hints until you've had enough exposure to actually feeling what people are talking about.

In my own case, I found that a lot of my training and teachers SOUNDED like they were talking about the same thing, but when I felt it, the difference was.. some people can talk about it.. and claim to be able to do it.. and it feels ok and maybe even good.. until you finally meet other people who can do it on levels you never experienced before and didn't realize were possible.

It is not so much a matter of being deliberately misleading as it is a matter of not having the actual physical experiences of just how deeply these principles can be applied.

A lot of the reaction I've read on here in the last few years is, IMO, due to a sense of feeling both threatened and being frankly disbelieving because, after all, we all like to think we're studying aiki and the fundamental principles (physical and spiritual) of what we all think aikido is and can be.
Well Said Bravo!, couldn't Have said it better myself!

matt