View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:47 PM   #18
Kevin Wilbanks
Re: Men and Women Training Together

If you really thought I was repeating what you said, you didn't understand what I said, or what you previously said, or both. You referred to "single sex training halls" and wanting to train at "all-male" dojos. The first is stating that the training hall is single sex by design, not happenstance, and the second implies that the lack of females training at the dojo would be your selection criteria, not performance level.

I doubt anyone on this board said or implied that a certain quota of women should be forced upon every martial arts class everywhere. If that is what you were arguing against, then you misinterpreted most or all of the posts you were responding to and grossly misstated your response. The original guy did not say that he liked to train so brutally that he happened to end up in classes with no women in them, he said he did not like to train with women. The people here are objecting to the idea of excluding women by design, and of an express preference not to train with women.