View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #122
john2054

United Kingdom
Re: Banned from Aikido...

Thanks Janet. I still love Aikido, but my last four years at university have been difficult at the best of times. I read a facebook article today on martial artists, it said that the litmus test of a 'true' martial artist is the ability to stay calm under the heat of the fire. But just because i have an affective (emotional) personality doesn't mean that i can't do martial arts does it.

If I was really serious about it, I could go to this new club I have found and take the two medical letters i have had done (one from the orthopaedic consultant, and the other from my gp about my breathing). However i would still like to return to my old club, for nostalgia's sake, if nothing else. And they have told me i need a psychiatric letter. Hopefully I should be seeing my psychiatrist in the next few weeks or so, and i can ask him to do this then, and assuming he agrees to write it, then i will have more fuel to throw on the fire, whichever way i turn.

But you know, i will also have to find time for class, to train. Which despite only being a couple of hours or so a week, is still a work chunk taken out of my university studies. Which being in their final year is now really a make or break point. What do you think? x