Thread: BJJ vs Aikido
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:35 PM   #10
paw
Re: BJJ vs Aikido

Quote:
mark johnston wrote:
As for 'how to beat BJJ'....biting their nuts off usually does the job. Or their fingers, or anything else they bring in proximity.
LOL! Yeah...that's like saying you could take out any aikido shihan by jabbing them in the eye. Much, much easier said than done.

Quote:
Byron wrote:
The core of BJJ is ground techniques. The question I always like to ask of grapplers is..."would you take the fight to the ground if your oponent has two buddies standing by, if not, then what does your system offer in those cases? "
To assume a bjj'er would always take a fight to the ground is like assuming an aikidoist would always use swari waza. If your bjj academy only trains groundfighting, change schools.

Quote:
chris ward wrote:
Today, I visited a very respected school of BJJ that has one of the top sensei's in the United States.
Name names. If not publically, then send me a private mail. I have an idea who you talked to and can give you some background.

Ultimately, I would recommend not training somewhere because of the "famous" name on the door or the reputation of the chief instructor. If, for whatever reason, the school isn't exactly what you are looking for, find another school.

Regards,

Paul