View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Karen Wolek
Dojo: Kingston Aikido
United_States
Re: Your Demon Technique?

Ooooooooooooooooh, good one, Jo! And I hope you have an awesome test!!!!! I'll be rooting for you from 3,000 miles away.

5th kyu - ushiro tekubitori kotegaeshi (Someone said they thought putting this one 5th kyu was Yamada Sensei's idea of a joke, LOL)

4th kyu - tsuki iriminage...not the tenshin one where you grab uke's hand, but the one where you enter right in (Just a month or so ago, Sensei was watching me with this one and said "You have trouble with this one." That test was over a year and a half ago...)

3rd kyu - shomenuchi sankyo (I still hate helping people with this one, because even though I can do it ok now, I still lack confidence)

2nd kyu - ushiro tekubitori koshinage (this test was two months ago, I am still haunted, ha. My problem on the test was rushing through it, not setting up the koshinage)

OK, so that's my list of buggaboo techniques. My next test is 1st kyu and in the USAF-ER, there are no specific techniques (it's all like 5 techs from katatori menuchi, 5 from yokomen, etc...), except I will have to do five different koshinages.....gulp.

I'll be thinking of you Thursday!

Karen
"Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda