View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #105
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: Effectiveness of Aikido in a combat situation

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
Hi George,

I just wanted to say thank you for your recent posts in this thread. I appreciate your taking the time to put them down into words and sharing them with us.

Best,

-- Jun
Happy New Year Jun!
I know I have been away for a while... Most of the stuff I have been thinking about regarding Aikido doesn't really lend itself to written discussion. It's so much easier to show in person.The ideas that I have which do lend themselves to the written form I have mostly already put down (there was a period there when I wrote constantly). It doesn't seem very useful to keep restating them, except on those rare occasions when I get irritated and am moved to action. I like the Aikido Journal policy of recycling the old articles. Stuff I wrote years ago magically reappears as if newly minted and it often reaches a new audience. Of course people can find old material in the archives of the discussions here on the forum but you can see that only some people actually do research a subject before starting a new thread. Anyway, it's good to be posting again for as long as it lasts.

I am really looking forward to the Aikiweb seminar in Seattle. It will be an honor to teach alongside those fellows, I can tell you. I'll see you then.
- George

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com