View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #242
statisticool
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

My domain mentioned is http://www.zhengmanqing.com/

One page is about Zheng himself, and that is a biography page understandably. I'm not sure why this would be surprising to some.

It is a rather odd definition of "cult", of course, but some definitions presented for internal strength (like supposedly the qi talked about in martial treatises is really a vector, etc.) are odd too, so that's par for the course.

Zheng could have been beaten in some fights, of course, no one has claimed otherwise. Zheng did not claim he was unpushable or unbeatable.

However, when asked for actual evidence of newspaper clippings said to prove that Zheng was beaten, in a hospital, etc., the claimaints never actually produce it.

Getting back on track, Zheng isn't making these claims, a tiny group of modern day practitioners are. They are here; Zheng and other acknowledged masters of the past are not. So when will we see any test of their theories in a live environment?

From people claiming to be unpushable and have methods that we all apparently need to use to improve our training that is apparently lacking, things masters from the past did not say, I'd expect much better.

Justin

A secret of internal strength?:
"Let your weight from the crotch area BE in his hands."