View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
Chris Parkerson
Dojo: Academy of the Martial Arts
United_States
Re: Survey on creating and using suki 空き

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
Thanks Chris, please feel free to take the thread to any variety of places you can think of. I'm just trying to do my best imitation of a sponge while tossing out whatever anecdotes come to my mind. I know it's a pretty wide open topic, but I'm open to whatever folks care to offer...if anything.
I'll have to check out those studies. I like what you said about sympathetic movement. It's the kind of thing that seems to help me sense suki and rhythm...and I've found that having a sense of it is pretty useful in a variety of situations.
Telekinesis and PSI

H.E. Puthoff used psychic Ingo Swann in his first trials for determining if mental intent can affect a machine. He used a magnotometer that was shielded from any and all outside interference. ingo affected the machine with ease. He ultimately found that Ingo did not even have to be in close proximity to the machine. There was a non-local effect.

This experiment had a major influence on the CIA and military's "remote viewing" operations that were developed to counter similar Soviet projects.

R. G. Jahn, (PEAR Intitute, Princeton), took this work farther with his random event machines. He proved that time was not an issue either. The machine could be affected in both past and future aspects as long as certain simple protocols were used.

Living creatures are even more sensitive to not only like kinds but other living entities. Puthoff also used a lie deterctor machine to measure the galvanic response to see if plants have emotion in the form of electronic signalling. When he burned a leaf, there was a galvanic reaction. But more interestingly, there was also a galvanic reaction in nearby plants as well. Empathy perhaps experienced from a distance.

So, how about inciting fear and trepidation in an opponent before you even go on the battlefield? How about from 100 yeards?

Many years ago, a Marine Intel officer who was also a Hwarang-do/Hapkido artist from Montana, hung out at our San Diego dojo.

He was very good at using his intentionality to shut down a competitor a split second before they sparred. We went through various drills isolating parts of the skill and building the overall skill set.

We could affect each other through the dressing room wall (positively or negatively). we got pretty good at distance. We never tried to use it through time.

Today, I use it as a security professional a bunch. I "communicate" with a potential bad guy from 100 yards, telling him that we are on to him and to go elsewhere. I also subtley shut folks down at the Maai range right before I use go-no-sin type entries.

When using sin-no-sin strategy or when in the grapple (standing or ground), I often relax and use PSI simultaneously to "slice" through resistance.

Interestingly, I am part of a private "prayer/meditation" group that gets together on the internet nowdays. We often "visit each other" in the "zero-point-field" as the Quantum mechanics guys might say.

But I try to keep that stuff purely full of love and positive energies. No brujo stuff.

Intentionality can be measured. See William Tiller's website. He was professor emeritus of Mechanical Sciences at Stanford. Morphic resonance (Biologist Rupert Sheldrake) is pretty real. Thought is simply a wave length. You can tune out the white noise and focus on a wavelength of choice. Once resonating, you can meet in the zero-point-field.