View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Man and Woman, Push Hands

[quote=Joseph Arriola;203984]You aren't looking for the connection, "how the sticking is applied to the self defense technique. [quote] Actually, it is simpler than that, Joseph. I was going by the fact that you physically break connection with your student in the videoclip. As I was taught, this is not what push-hands invovles.
Quote:
What if I told you I was chinese? Would that change your prejudice? I put these tapes up to challenge your beliefs, to challenge the utility of your method. If you can point out the falsity of the technique, I will value your comments.
Well, don't get me wrong. I neither stater nor implied any "prejudice" about things Phillipino. I was just pointing out that the bridging and trapping, etc., in the Malay/Indonesian/Philippino varieties of Kali (and other terms for other variations) derive from the southern Shaolin arts like Hakka, Bai He, Wing Chun precursors, and so on. In other words, I asked a question about Taiji and your response was using demonstrations of Kali... and they are not the same arts. I.e., I was looking for a response specifically about Taiji, since that was what you were posting about.

In terms of "pointing out the falsity of technique", it's your thread... I'm waiting to see what your point is and see what you have to say about push-hands.

Regards,

Mike Sigman