View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #87
"concerned student"
IP Hash: 1cf0179a
Anonymous User
Re: Teacher and Drugs

Quote:
Neil Mick wrote: View Post
Respect, online, is a moving target. Even amongst different websites, respect and etiquette have different meanings.

Yes, I'm quite aware of that, thank you.

Almost all aikidoists train (keiko); they do not "spar." Other MA's "spar" (boxing); while others "play" (i.e., Capoeira). Your usage of "sparring" made me think that you were possibly a MA (martial artist) from another discipline, coming online here to play "Diss the aikidoka." (it's been done before)

Like I said, I couldn't think of the right word, no one's grammar and command of english is ALWAYS perfect.

Well, it did. This sentence is what really set me off:

Again, I'm sorry. How many times do I need to apologize for that???

Consider the nature of the internet, for a second. We all can come online here, and pretend to be, do, or have witnessed, anything we like. You COULD actually be who you say you are, OR you COULD be Erik Jogimar (who COULD be someone else, entirely). I really have no way to tell (just as, you have no way to tell if I am who I say...it works both ways).

I'm quite aware of that, thank you.

So, all I have to go on as to your veracity is your word, balanced against my own experiences. A lot of ppl come online and love to tell us all how ineffective aikido is, etc. Your post sounded suspiciously in that vein.

I am in no way trying to tell you how in effective Aikido is. I'm simply trying to point out that pot use CAN affect one judgement and reflexes.

My advice? Again: run, don't walk, to another dojo.
And yes, I am finding another school.