View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Dan Richards
Dojo: Latham Eclectic
United_States
Re: false sense of security

Quote:
David Santana wrote: View Post
...but lately, I've been having this feeling that I can control anyone or any attacks that come in my direction.. that makes me get pissed of easier and I start to see other people as weaker or lower than me. I don't think that that's a good thing, right?
David, I'd say that your feeling of control against attacks is definitely moving in the right direction. Allow that feeling to grow. Because ultimately, you don't need to control anything. It's the attackers energy returning to them.

It's the "pissed off" thing you might want to take a look at. Are you pissed off that all this is actually easier than you might have thought at one point? It could be that the pissed off part is just your ego thinking that it somehow needs to be working harder. That is power at the ego level. aka "personal power."

You are, in fact, starting to see how effortless all this is. Go with that. Let that grow more. That's you becoming less resistant. Another term for non-resistance is "power." But it's not ego power. It's universal power - which is intrinsic to everyone and everything at all times.

At the first stage you're learning "self defense." But you've started to discover that there is no self, and there is nothing to defend. Another term for that is "freedom." Keep moving towards that...

I posted this article in another thread, but it seems suitable here, too.
http://www.pastornet.net.au/response/articles/133.htm