View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #63
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States
Re: Daito Ryu, Yoshinkan, Taichi & Secrets

Qi/Jin . . . Ki/Kokyu . . . I've gotten my hands on more than one person that talks about these things in concrete terms and can demonstrate these things (both folks with backgrounds in Chinese and Japanese arts) in a very physical manner -- though with different levels and different concentrations . . . there seems to be a fundamental concentration and similarity on The Basics . . . and it seems that, like in many disciplines . .. you can't do the really cool stuff until you've got The Basics . . . which also reasonably seems like being able to have a discussion around The Basics (which on this forum especially, in the archives section, it seems like people from different backgrounds have already been able to do) . . .

None of this is meant to discourage discussion -- it just seems to me that before you can intelligibly have a "This is MY take on it" line of discussion, you ought to be able to bring that logically forward from, "This is The Basics as I understand and demonstrate them". Again, not singling or stifling . . . just pointing out something that I think is rather reasonable.

Taikyoku Mind & Body
http://taikyokumindandbody.com