View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #32
Nick P.

Dojo: Sukagawa Aikido Club of Montreal
Re: Seishiro Endo Shihan - Montreal April 7 - 9 2009

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
I have to say, based on the discussions here, Mr. S has made some very strong points, and they have not been successfully refuted yet (in my opinion).

His point about the difference between using the kind of training described for beginners vs advanced students is very well taken.

Best,
Ron (refuting his claims based on "loyalty" isn't really convincing at all)
I dunno Ron,

I agree with his point on advanced vs.beginners, but he is clearly not a beginner by his own admission.

If he could not or would not follow sensei's teaching during the seminar, guess that is his own fault, not senseis.

As the only other person present at this seminar posting on this thread, looks like 50% didnt get what they wanted ("See, me, I'm not sitting during seminars. I'm not learning from books, DVD or from talks. I'm using all this time for purely physical practice.") and the other 50% had no problem understanding and applying the martial applications of timeing, spacing and connection, and not gripeing too much about all the seiza and listening.

If I cant follow a teacher, or dont like what they are doing, that is my own business, and its up to me to remedy it for myself (read find another teacher or work harder at understanding what they are teaching), whether at a seminar or at a regular class.

Last edited by Nick P. : 04-21-2009 at 11:01 AM.