View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #168
eyrie

Australia
Re: Aikido is 99% strikes and only 1% preparation.

Quote:
John Riggs wrote: View Post
Ignatius, here is one of the links:

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news...d=475626&rfi=6
Thanks John, from what I gathered from various news sources, the vic was knocked unconscious, fell back and hit his head on something. Various news reports seem to indicate that he had sustained a serious head injury. There is some suggestion that drugs were involved and suspicion that the vic was on drugs. Details are still sketchy.

As you know, any serious head injury can result in complications and fatality. Never mind if drugs were involved. Similar cases have occurred in the past - one incident which comes to mind in Australia - where a bouncer hit an unruly patron and knocked him to the pavement, which resulted in a head injury and instant fatality.

However, I think the discussion was centered on hitting the person and killing them where they stand - i.e. as it pertains to "one blow one kill". For example, a fatal strike to a vital point. To me, a subsequent head injury is a contributing factor to the "kill" and secondary to the hit.

Obviously, one hit KOs are possible in certain circumstances, and many arts, karate for example, have built-in redundancies, where a KO or a fatal strike to a vital point can be the result of 2 or more subsequent strikes.

Ignatius