View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:02 PM   #13
dj_swim
United_States
Ai symbol Re: Aikido and being Vegetarian

I just wanted to clarify the reason I started this thread. I started it under a few basic assumptions:

1. Everything we do in our life is interlinked.
2. All of our lives are interlinked.
3. The reasons we make a decision to do something are just as important as the reasons we make a decison not to do something.

Now I didn't start this to preach vegetarianism to anyone. In fact, if you read my first post carefully, I'm not even a vegetarian in the classical sense.

The reason I started this thread was to spark discussion about why people believe what they believe and if it was important to them in the context of Aikido.

Given that this is the "Spiritual" section of the forum, I thought that it would generate a largely philosophical discussion about belief vs. behavior, which ultimately encompasses many (if not all) of Aikido.

Now, if you think that being Vegetarian has nothing to do with Aikido in the context that I've formed it, I have no problem with that at all. What would be nice is if you explained why. It's not that I don't want to hear opinions other than my own, it's that discussion comes more naturally to me when there are justifications for them (physical, emotional, spiritual, or otherwise).

Thanks for the comments so far!

-Doug