View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
JW

Re: Love as a driver for I.S. skills

Mike, if you think this is too sticky a topic or too tangential to the core skill to discuss with a general audience, then that's your prerogative, nothing I can say to that. (And if Ueshiba didn't harp on it so much I would just outright agree that it wasn't anything having to do with description of the core skill, and would let it go.)

I certainly agree that it doesn't appear to be "love" as we know it in common language. But if it may have been an attempt to describe something useful, then it captures my interest, at least a little. If he was talking about body dynamics and prevention of the degradation of interaction of yin and yang per my post, that may be interesting, even if your thoughts require IS knowledge to be clear. You never know how many readers may be cultivating this skill.

Well, then again.. just reading what I wrote makes me agree that there are easier ways to follow this path that predates Ueshiba then trying to interpret some of his particular words like "love." So anyway.. keep it simple, huh?