View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #34
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Assessing "IP/IT/IS" via video

Quote:
Daniel James wrote: View Post
Hi Mike,
yes you are right it probably won't reveal anything about the linkages but through measuring the ground reaction forces (grf) either under Iwao Tamura (left) or his mysterious companion might give a visual representation of the stuff or the interaction we feel when participating in these tests as either person. e.g. the feeling of not feeling the power when grounded and being pushed agains, t or that feeling of not being able to get to the ground when pushing, all should be reflected in the grf vector. Have to book some time on the plates when I have a moment and see. The approached it worked well for unraisable body - though that clearly more about vertical grf

Success or fail i'll bring back to the list - this is the western science process inch by inch up and down blind alleys we crawl eventually moving forwards.
I'm thinking of something simple as an example of a question: If I push, for instance, a plate that is on the wall at shoulder height, I can draw my force by several types of manipulation, one of which would be a "groundpath" from my foot to the hand. While the plate may be able to recognize the impinging direction of the force, I'm not sure that it could tell the difference between jin/kokyu and a variation of normal force.

Similarly, I looked at your description of an unliftable body on your website before. Hold on I need to double check. OK, I would give do the unliftable body differently and my analysis would be different. So let me re-phrase it and note that we might have 2 different solutions to roughly the same results, so the analysis could be markedly different for two different ways of doing something. If you see what I mean.

Best.

Mike