Thread: Dit Da Jow
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
Josh Lerner

United_States
Re: Dit Da Jow

Quote:
Steve Sakahara wrote: View Post
Bad things are to be avoided. As is the rotgut vodka I used in our liniments.

Josh is a student of Tom Bisio. He tweaks his SHS a little differently from the book recipe and it's dynamite for reducing swelling.

I know TomC appreciates some of the finer spirits and so does Chris. Josh might lean more towards a fine tea. We'll use the good stuff and some tendon lotion to pry the secrets out of Mark on his next visit.
Hi guys,

I learned Tom and Frank's basic trauma medicine and tuina from them in weekend seminars, but I don't know if I've spent enough time with him to call myself his student. He and Frank have certainly been a major influence on my clinical practice, though. I do plan on continuing to study with them.

I've also just started working as a clinical supervisor at the Tuesday morning tuina clinic at the Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine. All of their students learn Tom and Frank's Zhenggu Tuina, and the school has a clinic where the first-year students practice only tuina. It's a student clinic, so it's pretty inexpensive, and it's in the Roosevelt district near the Whole Foods, so it's easy to find.

My SHS is basically the same recipe as in the book, but since I ordered the herbs from Kamwo, I had the option of using a modified version of one of them - frying the rhubarb root in wine helps to bring out the circulation-enhancing effects and lessens the bowel-moving effects. Which shouldn't be an issue anyway if you aren't eating it.

You guys aren't eating it, right?

Right?

Josh