View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #19
NagaBaba

Re: Respect/Lack there of.

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
I agree. An instructor traveling on his own would be very careful about his welcome BEFORE coming in to the dojo. Many times senior people visiting other places will not mention their rank or experience so as to avoid the whole male "testing" thing that goes on sometimes. The thing is, if you've been around, you always know. A person who has trained to a high level in anything simply moves differently from one who hasn't. You don't want people to think you are being "sneaky" either.

This kind of thing can be very embarrassing... One of my friends is a very high ranking Hapkido teacher. He and his wife went to my old dojo and attended the Aikido class. The seniors were arrogant and treated him poorly. They didn't know who he was... he could have destroyed these fellows at the drop of a hat but he simply smiled a lot and then told me about it later. I was mortified. But then again, EVERYONE should be treated respectfully even when they aren't some big deal.

It's always best to call ahead. Better still to have an introduction. I'll get e-mails from teachers whose students are coming to town and wish to visit. That is the proper way to do things!
From what we know, it is very clear that Wayne made a huge mistake and now is trying to reject the responsability on hosting dojo by writing the letters to everybody. Instead of honestly tell his friend about his fault.

I hope that this topic will help him to improve his jugment for next time

Nagababa

ask for divine protection Ame no Murakumo Kuki Samuhara no Ryuo