View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #43
raul rodrigo
Philippines
Re: Tracing my Philippine Aikikai Roots

Quote:
Juaniyo Ibanez wrote: View Post
Mr. Raul,

So what if Sensei Camar's group is not affiliated? So what if his yudanshas don't have your so-called "yudansha ceriticates from Japan"? Does that make them less of an Aikido Practitioner(s) compared to you "affiliated" guys?

John
Did I say who was better or worse? Did I compare technique? Did I badmouth anyone? Of course not. I didn't say the students of Camar were any less qualified or skilled than someone who does have a yudansha passport from Aikikai Hombu. It is you who are insisting that I am casting aspersions. I am not. Simple possession of an Aikikai yudansha passport is no indicator of superior technical skill, and I have never implied that it is.

Let's stick with ascertaining facts. Ritchie Martinez and Iking and Arnold, all students of Camar, are all conceding that certain statements that have been made about the status of Camar's dojo with regard to Aikikai Hombu Dojo are in fact untrue. All concede the fact that the dojo is not affiliated. (And if the dojo is not affiliated with Aikikai, then it is therefore impossible for its students to have Aikikai yudansha cards.) Arnold and Ritchie are willing to let it go at that. And so am I. It is you who is raking it up again.

Best,

R

Last edited by raul rodrigo : 05-25-2008 at 06:46 AM.