View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
aikido_diver
Australia
Question My Trip to Japan!

Hey everyone,

FOr my 18th birthday my family have decided to send me to Japan for a 3 week holiday, I know pretty awesome. I spend 1 week in Tokyo, 1 week in Kyoto and 1 week in Osaka.

However I'm planning to visit a few Dojo's and I have a few things to ask, perhaps some of you could shed some light on my questions.

1. Due to me being a beginner would I be allowed to participate in some of the classes at Honbu Dojo?
2. What do I need from my AIkikai Dojo (Australia)?
3. Should I take my weapons? - Bokken and Jo?
4. What are some other Dojo's in the places I'll be going?
5. Would I be allowed to Video record my visit in these Dojo's?

Please don't think of me being an arrogant westerner, I believe in all Ettiquitte in Aikido I think its wonderful, but I'd just like to know some of these answers so that I do not offend anyone in the Japanese Dojo's.

I'm very much looking forward to my visit, as I will also be Springboard and platform diving with the National Japanese Diving Team, however I will be more interested in seeing the Aikido in its home country.

Thank you for your time and help.

NOTE: I know that I am only a beginner, and going there may sound stupid, but I'm going to japan for other reasons - but I want to make the main idea of my holiday centered around Aikido.