View Single Post
Old 07-08-2000, 11:20 AM   #22
dbgard
Dojo: FSU Aikido Club
Cool aikiDO

Chuck,

I found your comment on aikiDO vs. aikiJITSU (I think it is spelled jutsu more commonly) to be quite thought-provoking. I link that comment to a paragraph in "Aikido and the Harmony of Nature" in which Saotome Sensei speaks of the limits of human abilities. In the book it goes something like this, "[One can never completely understand, only DO (aikiDO); one can never fully know, only learn...]"

I send this word of praise to everyone who had anything to do with the book "Aikido and the Harmony of Nature"......This is the most powerful, passionate, truest (most non-fiction) "Bible" I've ever glimpsed at, let alone read.

It is page after page of pure hope, and doesn't even have a guise of science fiction. Thank you to all who came together in writing and publishing this book, and to those who wrote other books which supplement it.

The best science fiction book I've ever read is Dune (I never read any of the other books in the "series"), and the single best nonfiction book I've read is this one, "Aikido and the Harmony of Nature."

Kiais of Rei, Hokori, Hikari, and Gratitude (Shihonage),

Drew

hara-kiri for the fear-mongers,
sushi-waza for the peace-makers.

--The great dream shared among my friends--

--Please see [u]Aikido and the Harmony of Nature[u] [i]illustration:[i] p. 125. Mitsugi-san, I taught you aikido in my former life, and no