View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #39
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: What would you do if someone attacked you in the street?

Quote:
Rupert Atkinson wrote: View Post
Sorry, but a friend once helped me when someone came at me with a knife. I would not run away. I will do something. pick up something - whatever. Would goad him towards me and away from others. I am not afraid of getting hurt. Maybe my training would work, maybe not. but I have not spent more than half a life training martial arts to run away. That is pathetic. In fact, I have come across 'situations' a few times - I linger near. Watch. Help if I can. Keep my distance as necessary. Guy with bottle - take it from him - done that. Guy with large rock - take it from him. Done that. Two scrapping on floor - drag top one off by the scruff of the neck - done that. It is not really so hard as they are usually 'not quite with it' and don't really mean it anyway.
Dear Rupert,
Nice to find a gung ho guy on the forum. Nice to know your not scared of being hurt. Then again Rupert define hurt. Do you mean a clip on the chin ,a kick in the crown jewels or an axe through the brainbox? Me, I could accept the chin job, I might welcome the second option, but I am not too sure about the axe.Some might say I could accept this in spades.I have my doubts.
In a word in any conflict situation use your common sense folks. Leave the skirmishing to our action hero Mr Seagal .Only if I was forced to respond would I start the old Marquess of Queensbury stuff. Cheers, Joe.