Thread: Hello everybody
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Welcome to aikido and to the forums Wynand,

Feel free to ask questions here. There is a lot of knowledge and experience floating around on this board for you to tap into when you need it...it really is a great resource, oh and the people are nice too

Quote:
think I have already pulled a big muscle in my left leg
If you've really injured it you may want to let it heal first. I know you want to get back on the mat (you could always watch while you heal, you'd be surprised what you can learn like that). I'd been doing aikido for a little less than a month when I seperated the AC join in my right shoulder trying to do rolls on an unpadded floor. I was stupid and didn't rest it and kept re-injuring it so it could never heal. I lived with it for almost six months. When I couldn't take it anymore and finally went to the doctor I was told I'd have to immobilze it...for a week. A WEEK! If I hadn't been pig headed from the start I wouldn't have had to put up with the pain for so long. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now

Enjoy your training,
Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."