View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Adam Huss

United_States
Re: Tozando dogi recommendations, austere training

Quote:
David Ederer wrote: View Post
I've bought both the Tozando seersucker gi and the waffle style. I thought the seersucker was the most comfortable gi I've every owned. Unfortunately it didn't last as long as I would have liked for a gi at that price point. It would definitely NOT stand up to a judo type of practice.

It looks like they redesigned the waffle gi since I bought mine. I was never really comfortable in the waffle gi. It seemed to rub in all the wrong places. After a hard practice I'd have raw marks on my neck. After about 10 uses and washings I put it on a shelf and haven't touched it for a couple of years.

Based on some recommendations on aikiweb I bought the very inexpensive 9 oz gi from ninecirclesusa.com and have been pleasantly surprised. They are cool enough for our Florida summer training, seem to wick sweat well and have been standing up to a lot of training and washing. It's definitely become my preferred year round gi for life in Florida.

I own one of Tozando's heavy weight Premium gi tops. It's great for our occasional cold day and would also work well for judo. Very good quality.
Thanks!

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei!