View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: What kind of bullying is this?

Quote:
Mary Eastland wrote: View Post
Ok...I agree, it is not quite bullying. What would we call it when a group on a forum consistently badgers (maybe that is a better word) anyone who disagrees with the group?

Whike I believe you certanly have the right to post anything you want, it is sad to me to see what Aikiweb has become. I wonder if more people would post again if this behavior was toned down.

What you do and what some others do does seem like some kind of attack. Do you know what it is really called? The only thing that comes to my mind is forced teaming and that does not apply to what is happening on Aikiweb.
Empirical validation has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not people agree or disagree with a group. As a rule of thumb, I like to use the shape of the earth. A majority of the people believed that the earth was flat. Along comes a person who says "NO" the earth is round. This person then provided empirical validation of that idea. It is funny that thinkers accepted the empirical validation immediately and it was another group (gee who could that be) who said that you can never question the group thinking, that did not accept the obvious until hundreds of years later.

Does that mean that I am not your sweetheart anymore?

Marc Abrams