View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #41
NagaBaba

Re: Checking out a new dojo

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
I have seen many products of this "tough love" system. Basically, abused children grow up to be abusers. But Ellis wrote a whole book which covered this at length... no need for me to cover all that ground again. Suffice it to say that there has been a level of violence accepted as normal in Aikido that simply doesn't exist in many of the other arts. You simply don't see this in the koryu, which are supposed to be the "combat" arts. I was there at the Aiki Expo when a prominent Aikido teacher talked about purposely injuring students as part of their training. That is TOTAL bullshit. An occasion deserving of Glock 19 waza as far as I am concerned... "shihonage this , succka" Ok, clearly not an "evolved" response... unlikely to forward the goal of World Peace. But a satisfying fantasy that I only feel a tiny bit guilty about having...
Hi George,
Don't get excited too much Not everywhere Glock-waza is legal, as in your corner of the world...From above description looks like you have never seen serious practice. I have no idea what kind of 'prominent teachers' were invited to Aiki Expo...........

I had impression your teacher trained you exactly the way I wrote. But may be my impression was wrong. May be he was nice and gently with you.

Nagababa

ask for divine protection Ame no Murakumo Kuki Samuhara no Ryuo