View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #53
DH
United_States
Re: Internal Strength in sparring

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
1.Well, thats the problem with "normal" martial artists around you... they are in a very different level.
2. As dishonest as putting some guys doing poor sanda-lite as shining examples of IP based awesomeness and atractiveness.
Dan, with all due respect, there is no need to rely on world class sport figthers to discredit aikido. Recreational ones suffice.
but this "IP is the thing" because you or other IP proponents can clean the mats in the country of the blind (Aikido™ practitioners or MMA amateurs) means nothing in the combat sports field.
I know Aikido-ka who were collegiate wrestlers who are blue, brown and black belt BJJers. I also have sparred with MMA rnaked fighters.

Statements about these people like "(they) have millions of ways to seriously damage or kill someone on street in seconds" are nothing but hints about the knowledge about real fighting around here.

Thats why I'm not holding my breath waiting for IP proponents performing at the top levels of combat sports.

Quite on the contrary, Dan. I "want" to be true (and from what I've seen IP is true)