View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #577
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Anthony Loeppert wrote: View Post
Also, when you set up the criteria and at the same time judge (even though there is no doubt of setting aside your own prejudices), I can see where it could be very difficult without personal connections to the judge to pass.

Dan,
I did send you an email asking to train with you in Southern California. Funny, of the "master classes" I've taken (to borrow a term from the music world), none were so secretive or arrogant. The information was freely given to those interested without judgement on whether the message was being received.

You must be one of those special teachers than can predetermine which students (will) have an understanding and which won't. Special indeed.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Subject: Orange county training inquiry
To: dojoseminars@gmail.com

Background (short) martial arts career: 1 kyu Yoshinkan Aikido (AikidoDelMar.com for teachers the whole time), almost 4 years. I am NOT a gift to the martial arts community, however I'm ramping up for shodan and I thought this would be a good way to get out see and learn something new and perhaps accelerate my learning rate. Kick it up a notch so to speak. Also, I thought the Yoshinkan style would mesh easily with Daito Ryu, from what I've seen in some videos.

Regards,
Anthony
It (probably) doesn't have anything to do with you personally - Dan is just very hard to get a hold of (for anybody), and he's famously bad at answering e-mail. Aiki skills must not translate over into that stuff.

The workshops are not his day job, and he doesn't make any real money at it - he just does it because he loves it. Unfortunately that means some of the emails fall through the cracks.

Best,

Chris