Thread: Vantage points
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #291
Lee Salzman
Re: Vantage points

Quote:
David Soroko wrote: View Post
Just to refine your example, it may be the case (regardless of its effectiveness) that the potion is not of Mayan origin. The question of the potion's provenance is completely unrelated to its efficiency. For example, Jane may say that she feels younger but the fact that the potion doesn't have the typical Mayan taste of maize but rather tastes like Mexican salsa, make her wonder where the recipe actually came from.

One may argue that if the potion works (you just have to feel it!), the provenance makes no difference. That is really a matter of personal opinion, so going back to martial arts, I choose to practice Aikido and if it was to be statistically demonstrated that in most engagements a Karateka beats an Akidoka, I think I would still opt for Aikido.

Regarding the 100%, I have been to one of Dan's seminar and while I saw some interesting things, it is clear that an immense ammount of work and determination has to be invested, preferably in a supportive environment,
to reach the point that is equivalent to "ingesting the potion". This combined with strong personal conviction that the potion is not of Mayan origin contributed to my decision to let it go.

About the money, as I said before, anyone is entitled to charge whatever they feel like for their time and knowledge.
Wait... what? Funny tasting Mexican salsa? Where did that even come from? This is a bad analogy derived from a bad premise.

Dan has never been anything but 100% clear, both in writing, and in person, about what he is teaching. He states this up front at every workshop where the work he is showing comes from and how he has developed it and why it relates to the things all of us train. Perhaps you missed this part of the workshop?