View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Sensing energy from far away: is this achievable or BS?

I think your sempai might be a bit of a whack job - however, some of the points being discussed here are very real.

Yes, you can feel people's intentions from away - when someone is angry at you, you will know it without any verbalization or contact; you just feel it - conversely, you can tell when people like you as well. Some people are more sensitive to this than others. IMO, it starts with being aware of what is going on around you and being receptive to your feelings. Law enforcement, military, and martial artists should learn to develop this skill - if they don't, best to find a new job or hobby.

As far as telling if someone is a martial artist, law enforcement, or military just by the way they move or act? absolutely can do - I have had extensive association and/or experience in all three of those environments and I can pick all of them out of crowd with just a cursory glance.

Oh, and the book 'Blink' that Ellis talks about in one of those youtube videos, is a fantastic book for info in this area.

Greg

Last edited by gregstec : 11-10-2012 at 05:01 PM.