Old 01-21-2005, 05:39 AM   #54
EJC
United_States
Wink Re: Aikido vs. druggies and drunks

Quote:
Timothy Nelson wrote:
Mike:

10-4, Thanks again.

Yes, the Fed policy sucks bananas. The problem is not so much convincing the command of the need, most of them if not all of them agree with me. The problem is getting things chnaged in the Fed's almost takes an act of congress and not many are willing make noise that high for something that might seem trivial to them, especially since most of them sit in a warm, cozy office most of the days. Plus, money, manpower, liability all of that crap is incredibly screwed up in the Fed system.

That's what I meant what I was saying seeing my friends in a combat type of situation and seeing they don't freak, panic whatever, then I might teach them some other techniques in private just in case they find themselves in those oh s--t situations. I think all cops should be taught the choking techniques as well as wake up the bad guy techniques, first aid and a couple of other things. Speaking of first aid, I think all cops should be certified EMT's as well since we seem to be first responders, literally. Often times we are there way before paramedics show up. Not to mention the fact that if our partner or another brother in blue gets severely damaged, I wonna be able to ease some of the pain before the medics finally get there.
Tim,
Good points. I am a DT instructor in MA. We also are not allowed to teach choking techniques. When my Sensei trains my SWAT team, he teaches us how to "ESCAPE" from the choke.
But to train this, he first shows the cop playing the the bad guy roll how to properly choke some one. Then we all practice how to escape from chokes.....Get what I'm saying?