Thread: 6 Directions
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #202
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain
Re: 6 Directions

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
I find this an interesting aspect of your over all comments.....what are todays standards as you see them, what do you see as the 2013 parameters and why would training in IP/IS make one sub-standard and on the outside to both? Standards and parameters being different things. Just asking.....Thanks
Gary
Hi Gary

2013 was a typo, I mean 2023.

Anyway, what I tried to convey is people are trying to achieve what was considered top level in early 20th century, thats fine and a big advancement considering their current level. They are trying to rebuild the rotten Ford-T (a great car) they found in a barn with the original components, or at least with the most similar components they can find, and this is a great and commendable work. Thanks to people like Dan, Ark, Mike etc the tools, the materials and know-how are available and this is great

However, when they say they expect this restored Ford-T is going to perform like a 21st century Bentley... I feel the urge to slay cats Nansen style and hit people with the keisaku. Automotive technology has moved a bit in the last hundred years, isn't it?

I know this is futile, for the attachement and delusion are deeply entrenched, but has to be done.

Regards

Last edited by Demetrio Cereijo : 10-24-2013 at 04:58 AM.