View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
DH
United_States
Dan Harden UK seminar-May 14-15th. Basics of Internal Power in the Martial arts

Hello Folks
Okay we have a location:
A community center located just five minutes walk from the Archway tube. I am told if I give you locals the postal code that works like a street address-it is N195DQ,
if you go to www.streetmap.co.uk and type it in it the arrow points to the community centre

Registration Deadline is February 15th
If you already sent in a request for information, no need to resend - I will be sending the forms out over the next two days. If you don't hear from me please contact me again.

For others
We might already be booked. It really all depends on who sends back applications and payment. First come first served.
Applications are available by contacting me at homeoffice@charter.net
The costs are 135 Euro- payable by paypal at homeoffice@charter.net

Event:
Dan Harden UK seminar-May 14-15th. Basics of Internal Power in the Martial arts
This work shop is a continuation of the workshops already taking place with advance level aikido students and teachers from all over the United States. The goal is to offer a workshop in a neutral environment, with an emphasis on learning and understanding internal power and aiki as a basis for martial movement in a global sense, while undertaking the difficult task of taking that first step into personal training and integration of the concepts into your own art.

The work shop will cover introductory basics for internal power developement that Dan has taught successfully to hundreds of students and teachers from a wide range of martial arts. Dan will outline the training in such a way as to make the relevancy to martial movement immediate, clear, and accessible. Included will be:

• A presentation of how the martial arts take advantage of natural and common postural failures and methods for building a martial body that moves antithetical to the principles most martial arts use as their foundation for defeating the common body frame.

• How the trained body can begin to take care of itself automatically in a live environment.

• An emphasis on specific training tools (solo and paired) to develop internal power, and specifically how it relates to aiki connections in a martial context.

• Creating and maintaining a structure supported on all sides and how to strengthen it with breath training exercises.

The material covered; while benefiting aikido greatly will not be "specific" to just the aiki arts like Aikido and Daito ryu, but any grappling or striking art, so teachers from other disciplines are welcome.

Dress will be sweats or shorts and T-shirts. No Gis, No budo affiliated T-shirts please. This will be very informal, and casual, but I strongly urge you to bring a notebook.

This will be a closed workshop with no pictures, video, or visitors allowed. People may or may not be accepted by Dan's sole discretion.

The schedule:
Saturday and Sunday 10 AM to 6 PM with a 1 1/2 hour break for lunch

Hope to see you there
Dan