View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #18
Alberto_Italiano
Re: Kotegaeshi: hand or wrist?

I can account only for myself, so my contribution is only meant as my own way, in case it may help you.

I don't know what's correct or wrong - but I do use my both hands, and one is only on the wrist. With the hand I place on the wrist I am merciless - it's far from being only a "support". I cut in and push down with all the dynamism I have (I said dynamism, not force). The other hand produces the projection.

Now, with the provision that i can place my hands on uke's wrist in the right position (palm upward), if this happens, I have not seen anyone who did not tumble to the ground immediately, often with a pretty startled expression, and with some side soundtrack effect lol

However, I have seen several times people who did not fall when I tried special effects - using one hand only: bad idea.

ps I fell twice doing kotegaeshi adding tenkan to it, and I am sure I need to keep counting.
But if you place your hand on a wrist - hey USE it! Cut and down, NO mercy with that (injuries may be caused by the hand that causes the projection, not by your hand on the wrist)

Last edited by Alberto_Italiano : 05-09-2011 at 06:23 PM.