View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #175
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: "Aiki" in Russian Video Clips

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
... And none of that I truly got till I STOPPED lifting and started training solo to change my body.
You are far, far from being the only one to have told me all this.
As usual, you read what you will -- not what I wrote.

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
...And *THAT* is the mistake in your idea of first training under heavy load. You default...every time.
If you would listen to what people said instead of what you want to respond to, it might be productive.

It is not about training strength bu about what you do having exhausted it -- under circumstances that ordinary muscles cease to predictably obey the will that the mind must drive dynamic and structure by other means.

If you work past strength in typical terms-- all you have left is structure and dynamic. If you are paying attention at the time, you realize how little strength contributes to powerful performance. That's all I have to say about that.

Truth does not come in a zero-sum package. Your experience is evidence of the point about the effect of predisposition through exhaustive work for the things you say you can do. You had that foundation so you are NOT evidence that it was NOT effective.

But can you be so sure that it could not have provided that foundation, when you could not figure it out without some old Japanese guy pointing out? Or was THAT what he saw in you, and you simply remained ignorant of the nature of the thing you had ? Or as Marvin the Martian said you "got the silly thing in reverse."

I thought I had been dismissed -- but I don't stand in the way of you inviting who you wish to invite.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.