View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #22
JO
Dojo: Aikikai de l'Université Laval
Canada
Re: My shodan exam on YouTube

I know how you feel Judith. When I was 5th kyu I was training at least 5 times a week ay Aikido de la Montagne (which is open 7 days a week and about 360 days a year). Then I moved to Quebec City and my new dojo was, and is, only open 3 days a week (2 days a week in the summer). At least the classes are 2 hours long and I get a decent workout when I go. On top of it, I regularly miss classes as me and my wife take turns training when no babysitter can be found. More recently, my wife, pregnant with our third, has been on bedrest and I have missed many classes as I could not leave her alone with the kids. However, in my case it is temporary and I know that even with three kids I will find a way to keep on training, though I'm not sure at what frequency. Those with the passion always find a way.

Good luck starting your own class. That entails a lot of work and responsibility, more than I could probably muster with everything else going on in my life. But as I said, there is always a way, so I wish you the best of luck.

Life is good, but that doesn't mean it's easy.

Jonathan Olson