View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #232
dps

Re: Is two Days a week enough?

Quote:
Eric Melanson wrote: View Post
Hey all, I am Eric, new to Aiki Web, and relatively new to Aikido. I was wondering how many days a week the average person in Aikido trains? My dojo is two days a week. But after you feel comfortable you can stay for the intermediate class which is directly after the beginners class. I think I could do with more. At least 3 days a week. Is two days enough?
Hello Eric and welcome to Aikido and Aikiweb. You posted a good question that brought about a vigourous debate.

I wonder how many of the people posting on this thread read your personal information and tailored their answer to your question. As what often happens here on Aikiweb the original poster gets lost in the discussion as everyone pulls out their soapboxes to stand on and express their opinion. (Personally I prefer a plastic milk crate.)

It seems that your dojo only offers beginners classes two times a week anyway and if your sensei thinks that is what you need then I would accept that. If as you said you can pick up another class then that would be good.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to learn, but make a commitment ( not measured by how often you are in the dojo) to practice Aikido for a very long time.

dps

P.S. Did you ask your sensei what he thought. It would be interesting to know what he thinks.