View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
oharrismaytin
Dojo: Ichi Rei Dojo
Panama
Ignored by my sensei

Hello everyone. I've been practicing Aikido since 2001. I live in the Republic of Panamá and our Technical Director (TD) lives in Chile. On his last visit our TD promoted me and a coaikidoist to shodan. The announcement was made public and the joy of everyone else for use was legitimate and pure. Our sensei has been encouraging us for some time, maybe two years, to start teaching and improve our teaching methods. Neither my other shodan friend and I felt it was appropriate to teach until we passed the shodan test and received the proper certification, Now, after four months of this, our sensei says is not convenient for her to process our yudansha and certificate at Aikikai Hombu Dojo. No explanation given. Neither my friend nor I know what happened after so much encouraging from her. We are sadden to think our sensei sees us as competition or even that she's envious of the projects and plans we have shared with her. All these projects, for us, morally depend on the appropriate paper work to back up the effort of years, to run them properly and with the necessary recognition. Neither of us wants to be a mercenary of Aikido.

We know there's not much we can do if our sensei doesn't starts the paper work but would like your sincere comments on this subject.

Thanks, Omar