View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #44
Diane Stevenson
United_States
Re: man hesitant to train with woman???

Quote:
This is only appearance, as usual. Female aikido students are in reality very fragile and vulnerable. They like to looks tough, but nobody practice with them in the same way as with a man of the same weight and force. Be true with yourself. If you are real men, your Nature will never allow you to do that. We have it genetically and we don't need to be hypocrite about it.
Szczepan, I appreciate that you are trying to be honest, and I realize that perhaps you train for reasons other than martial application. However, there are many women like myself who do train with martial intent. I don't expect that an assaliant would treat me gently because I am a woman. Any training partner who would use less than a serious attack, and yes I mean using his weight/height/strength to his advantage, is doing me a serious disservice.

If my dojo-mates care about me, they will do their best to help me learn to overcome someone bigger and stronger, not hold back and teach me false self-confidence.

Last edited by Diane Stevenson : 02-14-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spelled name wrong

...not as evil as I could be