View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 AM   #52
DH
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
Mike.
I think I can likely do any of the things you or Dan can do.

I know what I call internal. I just don't know what you guys are calling internal. Actually I'm not sure if you guys know what you are calling internal.

I will Gladly go see Dan if he's ever with in 300 miles of me. I think it would be fun, and trust me I'll report what happens.
Chris
You can do what I do? You've never met me, or have seen me move.
I take it you can do this
Stand with your feet parallel knees locked, amrms straight out in front of you with the elbows locked then have someone meet your hands while they stand in hanmi and have them push and try to walk forward, and -they can't even lift a foot. Have them try and throw you and depending on their level either can hardly move themselves or can't even lift a foot?
Resist a 200 pound man pushing horizontally and upward on your chest while you stand there not using any technique whatsoever?
Have sandans and better in Judo try to throw you while you stand there and not do anything to counter them but they can't throw you?
Knock people out with single punches
Please understand these are not done using any technique yet.
The power and skills in martial movement go up from there.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

I watched your video. The men there exhibited no structure that I could see. In fact their movement showed a structure that was disconnected and highly compromised. I take it that the men in the video's on your site were your new students?
A man with actual internal structure would simply never move that way.

All due respect Chris, you entered in the discussion by stating it was likely you can do what I do.
If that was you in those videos, then you clearly have no physical understanding of structure yet, much less internal power in movement. You are doing Aikido on an external level. But I could then see why you think baseball and any other trained athlete has "great" internal power.
Again no disrespect, But unfortunately, it also clearly demonstrates that you don't know what you're talking about in these discussions yet.